Shoghi Effendi, First Guardian of the Baha'i Faith, was Likely a Tormented Closeted Homosexual

By Michael Zargarov

Greetings all.

About 20 years ago I was introduced to Mildred Mottahedeh at a conference in Arizona. Hand of the Cause Bill Sears introduced us because he knew I yearned to teach the faith in Eastern Europe, and he knew that Mildred had a particular interest there too. Later in 1990, at her suggestion, I pioneered to Prague, Czechoslovakia. I was there 18 months, and traveled from Prague to Russia, and to Alma Ata, Kazakhstan in order to visit with and help teach among long-out-of-contact believers. Still later, at various times, I was hosted for dinner at Mildred's sumptuous apartment overlooking the United Nations complex in NYC. Once in late 1992 I took Mildred to a concert of Beethoven's 9th Symphony at the Lincoln Center. On the way we stopped at a drugstore. When she came back to the car, Mildred showed me a gold locket which held hair from Baha'u'llah. She told me that Shoghi had given it to her when she WITNESSED his marriage to Ruhiyyih. Mildred and her husband bought a limousine for Shoghi to use, which he later loaned to Ben Gurion when "Israel" was established.

Mildred Mottahedeh had known May Maxwell [Shoghi Effendi's wife, known as Ruhiyyih Khanum] since the 1920s. They were close confidants and best friends. Before Violette Nakhjavani took over as "companion" to Ruhiyyih, Mildred held that honor.

Mildred and I were very close. She ASKED me if I "struggled with being gay". When I admitted that I did, she revealed to me that Ruhiyyih had intimated to her that Shoghi was homosexual himself, and hated himself because he "fell so short of what was expected of him as a member of Baha'u'llah' s family". Ruhiyyih told Mildred that their marriage had been arranged to "help" Shoghi "straighten himself out". (It is purely MY conjecture that Ruhiyyih was Lesbian. I just saw such a Bull-Dyke everytime I saw her, and her relationship with Violette seemed obvious.) Mildred told me that she had revealed that long-held secret because she hoped it would one day help other gay baha'is to realize that they were not struggling alone; indeed that the "Center of the faith" had struggled against the same "affliction". Mildred made me swear NEVER to reveal what I knew until AFTER her death. I kept the promise.

Source :

http://blog.lotusopening.com/2010/01/shoghi-effendi-first-guardian-of-bahai.html

5 comments:

  1. what a brave moslem, mr. naser emtesali blocks bahais to challenge him ... that is why bahai faith always wins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome here. How can I help you Mr. Fareed from Ontario? Baha'is wins !!!! Baha'is have lost a small court case against the Orthodox Baha'is, do you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mulla Ja'far Niraqi strongly suggests that Mirza Husayn 'Ali Nuri Baha'u'llah himself had homosexual tendencies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nima Azal
    what proof you have? Give me reference of what you say. And even if it is like that then what is the problem? Where it is written than a Manifestation of God cannot love men. Is there any fixed protocol for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TADHKIRAT AL-GHAFILIN
    http://bayanic.com/lib/fwd/tazkereh/Tazkereh-FWD.html

    In it he explicitly suggests that Husayn 'Ali Nuri/Nari engaged in the behavior of an "alvat (Homosexual)." Fazl'ullah or Fayz'ullah Sobhi reminisces the same regarding Abbas Effendi.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers

Blog Archive