|Baha'is buying "Cheap Publicity" by donating 1000 Dollars.|
Alfred Chauwa -Nyasa Times
National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahai's in Malawi on Thursday handed over relief items wealth K4.5 million (Approx. 1000 US$) towards flood victims.
Handing over the donation to the department of disaster management Chairperson of the Bahai Assembly, Richard Chatambalala said the community felt concerned with the magnitude of the devastation. (!?)
Chatambalala said the Bahai community is grateful to those who have responded positively.
Receiving the donation, under secretary, Shaupikalai Nyirenda commended Bahai community for the kind donation.
Some of the items which the Bahai donated include 250 Plastic sheets, 100 plastic buckets, 100 mosquito nets, 500 bags of maize flour, and 500 bails of Soya pieces.
See also :
- $250 Million Baha'i Garden Terrace Complex
- Bahai temple in Haifa reopens after $6 million renovation
- The Baha'is benefit by the good relationship they maintain with the Israeli establishment. This benefit are estimated at tens of millions of dollars
- The regular operational expenditure for the Baha'i holy places is about 6 million dollars a year.
- Six storied UHJ building costs 20 million dollars